Monday, March 1, 2021

Waiting Game

 Just a quick update to say I still don't know when Lily's next procedure will be. She's tolerating the stent well overall. She usually is gaggy on and off in the morning, often spitting up some. But by the afternoon, she is over that and back to her normal happy self. Even in the mornings she's usually happy (other than the handful of times she gags.) It's very common for the stent to make kids gag. But she doesn't seem to be in pain. Dr. Manfredi has gone back and forth on the plan. We thought up until about half hour ago (4:30pm Monday afternoon) that the plan was to place the larger stent tomorrow, Tuesday. But a resident just stopped by to say Dr. Manfredi wants to wait a few more days since she is doing so well. I'll have to ask some questions tomorrow, because it seems to me it would be better to get the larger stent in and have more time with that. But I'm not a doctor. There's been talk of her possibly going home with the stent and coming back to get it removed, but that is also up in the air. Just going to take it one day at a time I guess. 

So for now, we play with toys in her room and go for walks in the stroller around the unit. I read and drink coffee when she naps.. and that's our day. (Can you tell I'm getting a little bored?)

I'm starting to get pretty homesick, and I know Rosie is really missing me too. Thankfully, Aunt Margeaux just flew in for a week or two. 

Thanks for the continued support!







No comments:

Post a Comment